Tuesday, January 26, 2010

HOMEWOOD CEMETERY EXPERIMENT

Over the week-end I edited a roll of super 8mm film I took in 2007 at Homewood Cemetery. I had never used computer editing software, so it was an experiment.



I think it turned out rather well; however, some of the shots that were a second long were cropped: the program crops by fractions of a second, so anything included in the jump gets lost. I used iMovie HD, and I'm wondering if Final Cut Pro would have yielded better results? Oh well, it was fun to learn a new process.

I still have 18 rolls of super 8 to develop and edit from India --some color and some b&w-- so, this was good practice. It took about 2 hours to edit the 3 minutes of film before you, so I realize how much work I have ahead of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment