Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BELT TESTS

Here are some tests to see what kind of shaking effects I can get with the exercise belt mechanism:




A few things I discovered:

1) The further (horizontally) the straps are connected from the center of the figure, the less shaking occurs.

2) Setting 1 seems to give me my desired effect. (Setting 4 immediately broke a pop rivet and tore the duct tape off the back.)

3) I can control the amount of shaking through creating slack/ tension on the ropes: more slack less shaking.

So, I am confident that this machine would work in creating my desired effect. However, there are still some things that I am curious about. I believe that with a heavier object, I might have to increase the setting. Also, I wonder if I can create a similar mechanism that is more compact; perhaps if the motor were installed directly into the figure, I could have a shaking effect without the belts? For now, this is solution # 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment