Thursday, February 4, 2010

BAKE, RATTLE & ROLL

Today, I baked my Super Sculpey portrait:

And further designed the armature of my next sculpture:

I decided that the figure would have to be attached to a seat that can swivel. There go, the upper half would have to be static, while the lower half would have to be somewhat jointed to allow flexibility. Basically, everything above the hips is connected to the seat, the feet are connected to the base of the chair, and the legs are jointed at the hips and ankles.

The stool is a very important aspect of this piece. I will have to get it before I begin construction, so I have to order soon. I want a classic bar stool, so I was thinking this design would work well:

It swivels, is sturdy (can support a couple hundred pounds), and looks classic. I can get a new one for $85. Although, I'm searching Craigslist and Ebay for used ones (for aesthetic more than cost).

No comments:

Post a Comment