Thursday, February 18, 2010

BARSTOOL!

I recieved my first double ring, 30in, chrome bar stool today!

This is the basic frame that I wanted, and it needs some modification.

First off, I need to re-enforce some of the bolts/joints: I want this thing to be solid.

Second, create a circular metal plate that will be attached to the swivel top.

I need a larger surface to which I can attach more metal.

Third, the height may be an issue. As you can see in the original drawing:


I had to add on to the stool to create my desired height, which I may need to do in real life. How this addition will effect the aesthetics or functionality is something I need to explore further.

Speaking of aesthetics: this chrome is SHINY! It needs some wear and tear. I think some flat metallic spray paint may be in order. I may even sand off some of the finish by the joints and corrode the metal with urine. "Make it look mean."

So, yeah. It's a start...

No comments:

Post a Comment